Auto Collision and Repair Instructor
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Scott Community College is seeking an Auto Collision and Repair Instructor (203 day contract)
Under the direction of the Dean of Career Technical Education this position will be responsible for:
- Teaching courses, assessing learning outcomes in Auto Collision and Repair. The instructor
is responsible for teaching in accordance with course development models and facilitating
a positive learning environment. The instructor will also work with the district
lead faculty and deans to develop, evaluate, and coordinate the curriculum, Assignments
may include alternative delivery methods, evening courses, and multiple sites. This
position will support academic advisors working with students. Teaching responsibilities
may include both day and evening sections.
Qualifications will include:
- Five years related work experience within the Auto Collision and Repair industry required.
- Associates degree in Auto Collision Repair preferred.
- Must have I-CAR Welding Qualified in Steel and Aluminum required.
- ASE Master Certified required.
- Be familiar with current trends in the field, and be able to translate knowledge into teaching.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of the community college.
- Must be willing to communicate effectively with a diverse student population.
- Must possess and maintain dedication to student success.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third Street,
Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.) Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 - 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563/336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.