Lab Tech for Auto, Diesel, Auto Collision Repair
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Scott Community College is seeking a FT. Lab Tech for Auto, Diesel, Auto Collision Repair programs.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of Operations and Applied Programs this position will be responsible for:
- Assist automotive technology instructors with supervision of laboratory instruction.
- Develop and/or supervise lab activities to enhance student learning and productivity.
- Provide opportunity for students to practice skills and give assistance to students to improve performance.
- Responsible for maintenance of equipment and supplies in the lab.
- Maintain inventory of parts needed to complete laboratory experiments and ordering/receiving
Qualifications will include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE and CFC) certification required.
- Must have proven one-year recent experience in Automotive Technology field.
- Prefer prior experience with engines, brakes, transmissions, drivelines, suspensions, air-conditioning, electrical, fuel, ignition, and emission systems.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population, staff, and external constituents.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third Street, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.) Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 - 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563/336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.