Internal Only Openings with Eastern Iowa Community Colleges will be posted here as they become available.
EICC – District Office is seeking a full time Accountant for Economic Development Programs
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Economic Development this position will be responsible for:
- Perform financial tracking and monitoring of all contracts with companies under the Chapter 206E & 260 F programs of the Iowa Code.
- Track training balances and keep appropriate internal and external customers informed.
- Educate appropriate personnel at participating companies on the withholding and claims reimbursement process via personal visits, phone calls, e-mail or other methods as necessary.
- Run preliminary and final issuance numbers for new jobs training contracts.
- Must become proficient with the processes and procedures involved in 260E/260F programs including: coordination of documentation required between EICCD, Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA), Iowa Department of Education (IDE) college’s bond counsel, bond advisors and underwriters, companies participating in the programs, and county auditors to ensure successful completion of job training agreements.
- Upon completing financial accounting for 260E & 260F, submit annual reports to IEDA
- Calculate interest payments and principal payments for the projects held by the District. Coordinate with the transfer agreement for establishing financial procedures for existing and future issues.
- Maintain cash balances for each company and make investments with excess cash.
- May be required to perform clerical functions as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Previous accounting experience is preferred.
- Must possess the attitude, knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to provide quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
Review of applications will begin September 22, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221