Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – District Office is seeking a Health, Safety, and Environmental Technology (HSET) Trainer/Facilitator.
This is a full time salaried position.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of ATEEC this position will be responsible for:
- Works effectively with coordinator to ensure the requirements and objectives are met for all HSET training.
- Provides training in the areas of health, safety, and environmental technology to business and industry.
- Maintains current knowledge of health and safety regulations and holds appropriate industry recognized credentials.
- Oversees the development and delivery of educational courses/programs for the HSET credit program.
- Develops the fall, spring, and summer schedules for the HSET program.
- Recruits and develop a strong cadre of adjunct faculty.
- Teaches 4-6 credits each semester for the online credit program and serves as a substitute for faculty in their absence.
- Assists in developing and maintaining articulation agreements with both secondary and post-secondary institutions and provide campus credit for prior learning in processing student requests.
- Assists in recruiting, admission, advising, assigning, and placement/tracking of students.
- Represents the department with external agencies (professional associations, colleges, high schools, industry, governmental agencies, advisory committee, and the public).
- Assists in the monitoring of budget allocations.
- Is committed to providing quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Performs all other appropriate duties and responsibilities as assigned by Coordinator/Trainer for HSET programs.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates degree required
- Training/Teaching background with extensive knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations
- Strong computer application skills that will also include researching and locating safety information and government agencies/industry networking.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to develop and maintain solid relationships with businesses in the community.
- Must have or be able to obtain OSHA trainer authorization for General Industry and Construction outreach within six months of accepting the position.
- Must be able to teach, organize, and coordinate instructional activities including program development (design, implementation, and maintenance) of online courses couple with marketing/recruiting activities in the HSET program.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand for extended periods of time, sit, bend, crawl, lift 50lbs.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, or secure transportation to customer locations throughout the EICC district.
Review of applications will begin Monday, January 18, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.