Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Continuing Education Program is seeking Part Time
Instructors for our food preparation program.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges are seeking part time food preparation instructors who have a passion for cooking and preparing special cuisine. This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual who desires to share their cooking instruction in a setting that allows participant hands-on learning in a kitchen laboratory with demonstration area.
Under the direction of the Continuing Education program director the food preparation instructors will be responsible for:
- Teaching non-credit classes normally lasting 3 hours.
- Instructor will be responsible for selecting recipes to be used and submitting the recipe to the Continuing Education Office for approval, copying, etc.
- Instructor will be responsible for purchasing groceries needed for class and requesting reimbursement for such. (Some supplies on-site)
- Will be responsible for instructing 6 to 20 adult students (there are exceptions for parent/child classes)
- Instructing will occur at the West Davenport Center, 2950 N. Fairmount St., Davenport, Iowa.
- Instructors will be compensated $80.00 per class.
Qualifications will include:
- Prefer previous teaching experience.
- Must have a true passion for food preparation and special cuisine.
Review of qualified applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221 or e-mail to EICC-HR@eicc.edu
Women and Minorities are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities who require special accommodations in the application or testing process should notify the Human Resources Department prior to the closing date. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY