SCC athletes receive academic honors
Members of Scott Community College’s intercollegiate athletic teams recently received
a number of academic honors.
The women’s cross country team was recognized as a National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-Academic Team. The NJCAA recognizes teams with an overall GPA above 3.0 as an NJCAA All-Academic Team.
Team members are:
- Alexis Bertrand, Davenport
- Alexys Devlin, Davenport
- Carly Keiser, Bettendorf
- Chyanne Voshell, Eldridge
- Erica Laures, DeWitt
- Rebecca Mallon, Davenport
Two members of the college’s men’s and women’s soccer teams received the NJCAA Award for Exemplary Academic Achievement. The award
recognizes second year players with a GPA of 3.60 – 3.79.
Receiving the recognition were:
- Alma Avila Cruz, West Liberty
- Colin Hepner, Orion
Scott Community College also recognized players as its Scholar Athletes of the Year. The Scholar Athletes of the Year are the male and female athletes with the highest GPA for the year.
Receiving the recognition for the men was:
- Mitchell Schneider, East Moline, Soccer, 3.95
For the women (tie):
- Marijana Nedic, Davenport, Soccer, 4.0
- Alma Avila Cruz, West Liberty, Soccer, 4.0
- Roni Storjohann, Eldridge, Soccer, 4.0