Data Security for Small Business Owners
Join us for this informative webinar on:
Tuesday September 29, 2015
10 to 11:30 a.m. Central Time
See below for webinar details
Is my small business at risk for a data breach?
Despite what you may see in the news, data breaches are no longer a concern limited to large businesses. Many companies keep sensitive personal information about customers or employees in their files or on their network. Further, in a technological age where interconnection is both common and crucial for communicating between businesses, many companies are granting access across business systems in order to facilitate partnerships and business to business transactions.
Customers and employees expect that every business — large or small — that collects their personal information will protect it. Further, companies granting your business access to systems containing the personal information of their customers or employees expect that you have the means to protect the information.
How do you protect your company from a data breach? How do you mitigate privacy risk in business to business transactions? What should you do if a data breach occurs?
Topics addressed in this presentation that will help you evaluate your risk and respond to a breach incident include:
- Evaluating data security
- Drafting and implementing privacy policies and procedures
- Mitigating risk through contracts
- Your responsibility if a breach occurs
- Resources available to you and your customers following a breach
- Preventing identity theft following a breach
Bradley Hammer of Dorsey & Whitney LLP will discuss data security for small business owners. Karen Brehmer from the IRS will share information on how the IRS is working to prevent identity theft and what the IRS is doing to help victims of identity theft.
To join the webinar on Tuesday, September 29, click on this link:
- Participant code: 15930577
- Also fill in your name, company, and email
For the conference call (audio) portion
- Dial toll free: 888-331-8226
- Participant access code: 4908180
We recommend that you complete a System Check before the webinar begins.
Do I need to RSVP?
- No RSVP is necessary. Simply click this link on September 29th at 10:00 am CST and follow the instructions above.
This program is sponsored by the IRS with valuable support from LegalCORPS and Bradley Hammer of Dorsey & Whitney LLP.