In this course, you will become familiar with the Outlook 2013 interface, and then use Outlook to manage your email communications, including composing, reading, and responding to emails; schedule appointments and meetings; manage contact information; schedule tasks and create notes; and customize the Outlook environment to suit your personal preferences.
- Perform basic functions in the Outlook 2013 interface.
- Compose email messages.
- Read and respond to email messages.
- Manage email messages.
- Manage your calendar.
- Manage your contacts.
- Work with tasks and notes.
- Customize the Outlook environment.
Lesson 1: Getting Started With Outlook 2013
- Topic A: Navigate the Outlook Interface
- Topic B: Perform Basic Email Functions
- Topic C: Use Outlook Help
Lesson 2: Composing Messages
- Topic A: Create an Email Message
- Topic B: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic C: Format Message Content
- Topic D: Attach Files and Items
- Topic E: Enhance an Email Message
- Topic F: Manage Automatic Message Content
Lesson 3: Reading and Responding to Messages
- Topic A: Customize Reading Options
- Topic B: Work with Attachments
- Topic C: Manage Your Message Responses
Lesson 4: Managing Your Messages
- Topic A: Manage Messages Using Tags, Flags, and Commands
- Topic B: Organize Messages Using Folders
Lesson 5: Managing Your Calendar
- Topic A: View the Calendar
- Topic B: Manage Appointments
- Topic C: Manage Meetings
- Topic D: Print Your Calendar
Lesson 6: Managing Your Contacts
- Topic A: Create and Update Contacts
- Topic B: View and Organize Contacts
Lesson 7: Working With Tasks and Notes
- Topic A: Manage Tasks
- Topic B: Manage Notes
Lesson 8: Customizing the Outlook Environment
- Topic A: Customize the Outlook Interface
- Topic B: Create and Manage Quick Steps
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to use the advanced features in Outlook to manage the advanced options for message, contacts, and calendar management and perform more advanced tasks such as task assignment, journaling, sharing workspaces, and backing up to data files.
- Configure advanced message options.
- Perform advanced message management tasks.
- Perform advanced calendar management tasks.
- Perform advanced contact management tasks.
- Manage activities by using tasks and journal entries.
- Share Outlook workspaces with other users.
- Manage Outlook data files.
Lesson 1: Configure Advanced Message Options
- Topic A: Insert Advanced Characters and Objects
- Topic B: Modify Message Settings, Properties, and Options
- Topic C: Use Automatic Replies
Lesson 2: Advanced Message Management
- Topic A: Sort Messages
- Topic B: Filter Messages
- Topic C: Organize Messages
- Topic D: Search Messages
- Topic E: Manage Junk Mail
- Topic F: Manage Your Mailbox
Lesson 3: Advanced Calendar Management
- Topic A: Manage Advanced Calendar Options
- Topic B: Manage Additional Calendars
- Topic C: Manage Meeting Responses
Lesson 4: Advanced Contact Management
- Topic A: Edit an Electronic Business Card
- Topic B: Manage Advanced Contacts Options
- Topic C: Forward Contacts
- Topic D: Export Contacts
Lesson 5: Managing Activities by Using Tasks and Journal Entries
- Topic A: Assign and Manage Tasks
- Topic B: Record and Modify Journal Entries
Lesson 6: Sharing Workspaces with Others
- Topic A: Delegate Access to Mail Folders
- Topic B: Share Your Calendar
- Topic C: Share Your Contacts
Lesson 7: Managing Outlook Data Files
- Topic A: Back Up Outlook Items
- Topic B: Change Data File Settings