Course length: 6 hours
Prerequisites: Windows – Level 1 or equivalent knowledge
What’s in Outlook 2010 – Level 1?
This course is intended for people want to know how to use Outlook to manage their time and information. You will use Outlook to compose and send email, schedule appointments and meetings, manage contact information, schedule tasks, and create notes.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explore the Outlook interface, send mail, and respond to messages.
- Compose email messages.
- Organize email messages into folders.
- Manage contacts and contact information.
- Schedule appointments.
- Schedule a meeting.
- Manage tasks and notes.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Outlook
- Topic 1A: Identify the Components of the Outlook Interface
- Topic 1B: Read an Email Message
- Topic 1C: Reply to and Forward an Email Message
- Topic 1D: Print an Email Message
- Topic 1E: Delete an Email Message
Lesson 2: Composing Messages
- Topic 2A: Create an Email Message
- Topic 2B: Format a Message
- Topic 2C: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic 2D: Attach a File
- Topic 2E: Enhance an Email Message
- Topic 2F: Send an Email Message
Lesson 3: Organizing Messages
- Topic 3A: Manage Email Messages
- Topic 3B: Move Email Messages into Folders
- Topic 3C: Open and Save an Attachment
Lesson 4: Managing Contacts
- Topic 4A: Add a Contact
- Topic 4B: Sort and Find Contacts
- Topic 4C: Find the Geographical Location of a Contact
- Topic 4D: Update Contacts
Lesson 5: Scheduling Appointments
- Topic 5A: Explore the Outlook Calendar
- Topic 5B: Schedule an Appointment
- Topic 5C: Edit Appointments
Lesson 6: Managing Meetings in Outlook
- Topic 6A: Schedule a Meeting
- Topic 6B: Reply to a Meeting Request
- Topic 6C: Track and Update Scheduled Meetings
- Topic 6D: Print the Calendar
Lesson 7: Managing Tasks and Notes
- Topic 7A: Create a Task
- Topic 7B: Edit and Update a Task
- Topic 7C: Create a Note
- Topic 7D: Edit a Note