Course length: 6 hours
Prerequisites: Windows – Level 1 or equivalent knowledge
What’s in Access 2010 – Level 1?
Most organizations maintain and manage large amounts of information. One of the most efficient and powerful ways of managing data is by using relational databases. This course is designed for students who wish to learn the basic operations of the Microsoft Access database program to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and who want to use the application to be more productive in their work. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: identify the basic components of an Access database, build the structure of a database, manage data in tables, query a database, design forms and generate reports.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic components of an Access database.
- Build the structure of a database.
- Manage data in tables.
- Query a database.
- Design forms.
- Generate reports.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Access Databases
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the Access 2010 Interface
- Topic 1B: Identify the Components of a Database
- Topic 1C: Examine the Relational Database Design Process
Lesson 2: Building the Structure of a Database
- Topic 2A: Create a New Database
- Topic 2B: Create a Table
- Topic 2C: Manage Tables
- Topic 2D: Establish Table Relationships
Lesson 3: Managing Data in a Table
- Topic 3A: Modify Table Data
- Topic 3B: Sort and Filter Records
- Topic 3C: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 4: Querying a Database
- Topic 4A: Create a Query
- Topic 4B: Add Criteria to a Query
- Topic 4C: Add a Calculated Field to a Query
- Topic 4D: Perform Calculations on a Record Grouping
Lesson 5: Designing Forms
- Topic 5A: Create a Form
- Topic 5B: Modify the Design of a Form
- Topic 5C: View and Edit Data Using an Access Form
Lesson 6: Generating Reports
- Topic 6A: Create a Report
- Topic 6B: Add a Control to a Report
- Topic 6C: Format the Controls in a Report
- Topic 6D: Enhance the Appearance of a Report
- Topic 6E: Prepare a Report for Print
Course length: 7 hours
Prerequisites: Access 2010 – Level 1 or equivalent knowledge
What’s in Access 2010 – Level 2?
This course is designed for individuals who wish to learn intermediate-level operations of the Microsoft® Office Access® program. You will improve and customize tables, queries, forms and reports, and share Access data with other applications. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: streamline data entry and maintain data integrity, join tables to retrieve data from unrelated tables, create flexible queries to retrieve data and modify tables, improve the functionality of Access forms, customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts, share data between Access and other applications.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Streamline data entry and maintain data integrity.
- Join tables to retrieve data from unrelated tables.
- Create flexible queries to retrieve data and modify tables.
- Improve the functionality of Access forms.
- Customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
- Share data between Access and other applications.
Lesson 1: Controlling Data Entry
- Topic 1A: Constrain Data Entry Using Field Properties
- Topic 1B: Establish Data Entry Formats for Entering Field Values
- Topic 1C: Create a List of Values for a Field
Lesson 2: Joining Tables
- Topic 2A: Create Query Joins
- Topic 2B: Join Tables That Have No Common Fields
- Topic 2C: Relate Data Within a Table
Lesson 3: Creating Flexible Queries
- Topic 3A: Set the Select Query Properties
- Topic 3B: Retrieve Records Based on Input Criteria
- Topic 3C: Create Action Queries
Lesson 4: Improving Forms
- Topic 4A: Restrict Data Entry in Forms
- Topic 4B: Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Topic 4C: Add a Command Button to a Form
- Topic 4D: Create a Subform
- Topic 4E: Display a Summary of Data in a Form
- Topic 4F: Change the Display of Data Conditionally
Lesson 5: Customizing Reports
- Topic 5A: Organize Report Information
- Topic 5B: Format Reports
- Topic 5C: Control Report Pagination
- Topic 5D: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic 5E: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
- Topic 5F: Create a Mailing Label Report
Lesson 6: Sharing Data Across Applications
- Topic 6A: Import Data into Access
- Topic 6B: Export Data to Text File Formats
- Topic 6C: Export Access Data to Excel
- Topic 6D: Create a Mail Merge