Surgical Technology Faculty/Program Director
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Scott Community College is seeking a FT. Surgical Technology Faculty/Program Director.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of Instruction this position will be responsible for:
- Teaching and assessing learning outcomes in assigned discipline. Assignments may include, alternative delivery methods, evening courses, and teaching at multiple sites. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellence in teaching and service. This position will be responsible for all aspects of accreditation reporting, organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development and general effectiveness of the Surgical Technology Program as program director.
Qualifications will include:
- A current NCCA-approved credential in surgical technology (CST, CSFA, or CST/CSFA) is required.
- Associate’s Degree in Surgical Technology is required.
- Must have a minimum of five years of current operating room experience in the scrub role or a combination of scrub role operating room experience (at least three years) and 2-5 years of recent experience as an instructor in surgical technology preferred.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of current Surgical Technology practices, excellent verbal and written communication skills and advanced computer technology-related skills required.
- Experience/training as an educator is preferred.
Review of applications will begin March 27, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.