Student Engagement and Leadership Coordinator
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Scott Community College campus is seeking a Student Engagement and Leadership Coordinator.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of Students this position will be responsible for:
- Serve as a resource for student activities and student leadership opportunities and ensure appropriate supervision during student events.
- Serve as an advisor for the Student Government.
- Responsible for the administration of assigned budgets to ensure accountability and appropriate spending.
- Develop community service and service learning opportunities in conjunction with faculty and community partners.
- Develop and implement a student leadership program including seminar and workshop s for team building.
- Assess the interests and needs of the student body relative to co-curricular involvement opportunities and programs.
- Responsible for the planning, organization, promotion, supervision, and evaluation of Student Life programs, events, and activities that will encourage student engagement.
- Assists all student clubs and advisors in following the established expectations and procedures for club work.
- Develop and implement a Student Ambassador program to enhance New Student Orientations, recruitment and retention as appropriate.
- Facilitate a student intermural program throughout the year.
- Assists with the social media efforts of the college.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and coordinating programs and/or event management.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
- Community College and/or Student Development experience is preferred.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
Review of applications will begin Monday, July 14, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dept.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
306 West River Drive
Davenport IA 52801-1221
Or e-mail to EICC-HR@eicc.edu.