Part Time Athletics Facilitator
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Scott Community College campus is seeking a Part Time Athletics Facilitator.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of Students this position will be responsible for:
- Maintain and direct the athletic program to include all planning, scheduling, implementation of all events, budgeting, hiring of coaches and game officials, strategic planning and monitoring of the sports and athletic programs.
- Manage timelines, scheduling, equipment inventory, contingencies, travel arrangements, etc.
- Responsible for athletic scholarship awarding, maintaining athlete health insurance information and conducting an annual athlete orientation.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NJCAA rules and college policies.
- Provides supervision for home athletic events.
- Serve as the advisor to the college athletes. Maintain information regarding the academic performance of the athletes and develop and manage strategies for academic success.
- Responsible and accountable for athletic budgets under the guidance of the Dean of Students. Provide all clerical functions for the Athletic programs
- Responsible for the production of athletic marketing materials.
- Oversees coach reporting of game/meet results to state athletic office and local media and other appropriate entities after each game and meet.
- Act as a liaison between faculty and student athletes communicating effectively on issues, opportunities, problems, and questions related to SCC athletics.
- Ensures the implementation of athletics is in accordance with district and college policy guidelines.
- Is committed to providing quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications will include:
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, administration, staff coaches, athletes and the community.
- Must have strong organizational administrative skills.
- Proven experience in athletics required.
- Must have a strong commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
Review of applications will begin Monday, July 14, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dept.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
306 West River Drive
Davenport IA 52801-1221
Or e-mail to EICC-HR@eicc.edu.