MCC Residential Life & Student Engagement Coordinator
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Muscatine Community College s seeking a Residential Life & Student Engagement Coordinator.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Manager of Academic Advising and Student Success this position will be responsible for:
- Implementing a comprehensive residential life and campus student engagement program.
The Residential Life and Student Engagement Coordinator will also assist with the
planning, organizing, promoting, and implementing residential life, student life programs,
events, and activities.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated work experience in college student services, activities or residential life or relevant field preferred.
- Must possess the ability to plan and coordinate student programs and activities.
- Ability to utilize effective engagement and communication methods to impact student involvement and success.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to establish effective relationships within a diverse population.
- Possess a solid understanding of confidentiality and be able to work independently.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays and weekends.
Review of applications will begin Monday, March 13, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.