Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Scott Community College campus is seeking a Maintenance Employee (2nd. Shift 1:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.). This is a Full Time 40hr. per week hourly position.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the SCC Facilities Manager this position will be responsible for:
- Perform general maintenance and repairs on building, equipment, heating, air conditioning, ventilation units, and, electrical and plumbing fixtures.
- Routinely performs carpentry, general maintenance, assembling and moving of furniture, pick-up litter on grounds, and secure the building as necessary (open and close).
- Repair and maintain college vehicles, tractors, and misc. grounds equipment as needed.
- Routinely inspect and maintain HVAC equipment and pumps as needed.
- Assist with snow removal from parking lot, walkways, and access driveways as needed.
- Perform custodial duties as needed.
- Assists with preparation and set-up for special events and activities, as well as attending as needed.
Qualifications will include:
- Must have and maintain a valid and clear drivers license.
- Should have proven basic carpentry skills.
- Prefer previous experience maintaining and operating industrial equipment.
- Must have three years verifiable previous experience with plumbing, electrical, and HVAC maintenance.
- Verifiable work experience in maintenance or building trade industry.
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population, staff, and external constituents.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including occasional evening and Saturdays.
Review of applications will begin Monday, June 16, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dept.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
306 West River Drive
Davenport IA 52801-1221
Or e-mail to EICC-HR@eicc.edu.