Library Technician II
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Scott Community College is seeking two applications for Part-Time Library Technician II.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Assistant Dean of Library and Learning Resources this position will be responsible for:
- Assist students and faculty in developing information literacy skills.
- Assist with circulation process to include checkout, past due notices, flagging and clearing of student records, and collecting fines.
- Design library marketing material and displays.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
Qualifications will include:
- Associates degree or higher preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, outstanding customer service skills, library knowledge, and the motivation necessary to create a professional and inviting learning environment.
- Must possess knowledge of automated library systems and library operations in general along with having working knowledge of computer applications and computer maintenance.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.