Lead Child Care Provider
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Muscatine Community College - Learning Tree Children’s Center
Pt. Lead Child Care Provider (25 hrs.per week)
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Manager of Child Care Center this position will be responsible for:
- Caring for and supervising children
- Assisting teacher with small group learning experiences
- Conducting snack and lunch routines
- Assisting with all daily routines as requested by supervisor
Qualifications will include:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to successfully pass a state and federal background check.
- Must complete all required training to include but not limited to 1st.Aid/CPR
- Must complete 10hrs. continuing education annually.
- Previous child care experience required.
- Must be able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with children, staff, parents, and the public.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to complete mandatory DHS training within six months of hire.
Review of applications will begin July 24, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.