Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Clinton Community College is seeking FT. Maintenance/Custodian.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager and the Assistant to the President for Administration this position will be responsible for:
- Perform routine custodial and building maintenance duties as required.
- Duties include general maintenance and repairs on buildings, equipment, HVAC units, carpentry, masonry, and electrical and plumbing fixtures.
- Clean and keep orderly assigned areas in buildings and adjacent areas.
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep of vehicles, tractors, and other ground equipment.
- General custodial duties to include but not limited to: sweeping, dusting, maintaining floors (mop/wax/buffing), trash, cleaning restrooms, and windows, etc.
- General maintenance to include but not limited to: changing light bulbs, snow removal,
- Rearrange classroom chairs/desks and setting up special activities/events as necessary.
- Perform general maintenance duties as assigned and fill in as needed for absent custodians on the same shift.
Qualifications will include:
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in maintenance work or in the building trade industry required.
- Must have knowledge of general maintenance.
- Prior experience in electrical maintenance and plumbing fixtures required.
- Have a demonstrable level of competence in equipment operation and knowledge of safety devices, uses and procedures.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions and to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to be physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.