Evening College Assistant
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Muscatine Community College is seeking an Evening College Assistant (19 hrs. per week). Monday – Thursday evenings.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of Students this position will be responsible for:
- The safety, security and wellbeing of all evening college students, employees, and
property. The assistant will monitor the campus by establishing a visible college
presence. The successful candidate will assist in securing all rooms and building
after students have left and will provide support to all faculty in technical and
other instructional needs.
Qualifications will include:
- H.S. graduate or equivalent is required. Associates degree preferred.
- Previous work experience in the area of building security preferred.
- Must have the ability to walk (50% of shift), stand, sit, bend, crawl.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and confidential information in a complex setting.
- Must have experience working with diverse populations.
- Must possess the attitude, knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to create an effective learning environment.
- Successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.