Concurrent English/Communication Instructor
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Clinton Community College is seeking a Ft. Concurrent English/Communication Instructor (1yr.-165 day contract)
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of College this position will be responsible for:
- This position will develop and teach all levels of coursework in English Composition
I &II, Intro to Literature, and Public Speaking. Will work closely with English faculty
regarding curriculum, assessment, retention, etc.. Will collaborate with other departments and programs in support of college efforts. This position will be teaching concurrent college
courses to qualified high school student
Qualifications will include:
- Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in English required with 18 graduate hours in Communication and Speech preferred.
- Previous teaching experience required.
- Previous teaching college level English and speech courses preferred.
- Must be willing to work with a diverse student population.
- Must possess and maintain dedication to student success.
- Previous experience with curriculum design, adaptation, and student outcomes assessments preferred.
- The qualified candidate will be required to successfully complete a background screening and fingerprint screening.
- Proven experience utilizing various teaching & learning modes to include hybrid, online, etc. is preferred.
Review of applications will begin July 10, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.