English Language Acquisition (ELA) Coordinator
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - West Davenport Center is seeking a FT. English Language Acquisition (ELA) Coordinator
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of Adult Education this position will be responsible for:
- The English Language Acquisition Coordinator is a district-wide position responsible
for effective management of ELA programs delivered via campus-based credit programs
and non-credit adult education and literacy programs.
Qualifications will include:
- Master’s degree in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), Education, or other related field required.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in English Language Learning at a post-secondary level.
- Demonstrated familiarity in developing ELA curriculum and instructional strategies for adults.
- Must be able to relate to community college environment and to international students.
- Foreign language proficiency preferred.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Review of applications will begin June 5, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.