Adjunct Faculty - SCC
Please complete the following Adjunct Application whether applying for an adjunct (part-time) teaching opportunity in general or applying for a specific job as posted on this web site or advertised in another medium.
This Adjunct Application may be completed online or you may print it out, complete it by hand and send it through the U.S. Mail to the applicable college(s).
Note to current SCC adjuncts: as a current adjunct you do not need to send in a new application or resume at this time. Just indicate your interest to Reg Shoesmith and he will send the application and/or resume that he has on file to the Dept. Coordinator. If the DC needs details or a more current application/resume Reg Shoesmith, or the DC, will contact you.
Submit resume to:
Part-Time (Adjunct) Faculty
Career and Technology Education
RN designation and a Masters Degree; needed for classroom and clinical supervision.
Arts & Sciences, Spring, 2015 (1/20/2015—5/20/2015)
Introduction to Electrical Science (EGR-285)
- Credit Hours: 3 credits, ($2,500 instructor pay)
- Day & Time: Monday & Wednesday, 5:30—8:10 PM
- Campus: Belmont, Bettendorf, IA
- Qualifications: BS in Electrical Engineering with a PE (Professional Engineer Certification) OR Master degree in Engineering. Teaching experience desirable.
Summer 2015 (June 1 through July 24—8 Week Classes)
Scott Community College’s Biology Dept. is preparing for the Summer Session.
SCC wants to offer the following 3 classes as day and/or evening classes.
At this time, the Dept. Coordinator want to FIRST, find a qualified instructor and THEN develop a schedule that will accommodate that individual’s availability.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- All three of the above classes are 4 Credit Hour classes with a Lab component. ($2,500 instructor pay for each 4 Cr. Hr. class)
- Day & Time: Evenings or Daytime. The instructor must provide 6 lecture hours and four lab hours of instruction per week. For instructors with online teaching experience, the creation of a hybrid course that includes both classroom and online instruction may be an option."
- Term: Summer 2015
- Campus: Belmont, Bettendorf
- Qualifications: MA degree in Biology or related area
Women and Minorities are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities who require special accommodations in the application or testing process should notify the Human Resources Department prior to the closing date. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY