Adjunct Faculty - MCC
This Adjunct Application may be completed on-line or you may print it out, complete it by hand and send it through the mail.
|Submit resume to:
Dr. Jeremy Pickard
Dean of Instruction
Muscatine Community College
152 Colorado Street
Muscatine, IA 52761
|Part-Time (Adjunct) Faculty
Online Employment Application
Printable Employment Application
Fall 2016 Adjunct Positions
- Qualifications for Intro to Business instructor will include: Will teach Tues/Thursday 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. - Master's
degree in Business or a master’s degree with 18 graduate credit hours in Business
Admin, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Management and Marketing.
- Qualifications for General Chemistry instructor will include: Will teach Mon/Wed. 6:30 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. - Master’s degree in Chemistry
or a master’s degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Biochemistry, chemical
engineering, and/or pharmacology.
- Qualifications for Developmental Math instructor will include: Will teach Mon thru Friday 9:20 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. - Bachelor’s degree
- Qualifications for Composition I instructor will include: Will teach Monday 6 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.
Master’s degree in English or a master’s degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in English, communications, creative writing, journalism, literature, speech, or technical writing.
- Qualifications for Basic Writing instructor will include: Will teach Tuesday 6 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.
Bachelor’s degree in English.
- Biology - Master's degree in Biology or Master’s degree with a least 6 graduate credit hours
in Biology and 12 graduate credit hours in a combination of Biochemistry, Biomedical
Sciences, Botany, Environmental Science, Horticulture, Marine Biology, Microbiology,
Virology, and/or Zoology
- Speech - Master's degree in Speech/Communications or a master’s degree with at least 18
GSH in a combination of speech and/or communications studies.
- Sociology - Master’s degree in sociology or a master’s degree with at least six graduate credit
hours in Sociology and 12 graduate credit hours in a combination of anthropology,
criminology, cultural studies, gerontology, public policy, and/or social work.
- Psychology - Master's degree in Psychology or a master’s degree with 12 graduate credit hours
in Psychology and six graduate credit hours in a combination of counseling, psychiatry,
ed psychology, behavioral studies, human development, human services, and/or studies
in human behavior.
Chemistry (Day and Night classes) - Master’s Degree in Chemistry, or a Master’s Degree with at least 18 GSH in the qualifying fields: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmacology, and Science Education Chemistry. 12 of the 18 GSH must be in Chemistry and/or Biochemistry.
Review of applications/resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts to: EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport, Iowa 52801-1221.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis
of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation,
gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital
status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa
Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C.
§§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX
(Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act
of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42
U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.