Accounts Clerk II
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Scott Community College campus is seeking an Accounts Clerk II. This is a FT. 40hr. per week hourly position.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Students this position will be responsible for:
- Serve as front-line person for walk-in and phone customers to handle registration duties for credit courses, inquiries about account balances and payment options.
- Provide information to students, faculty, and staff on registration policies and procedures; maintains and updates credit computer records.
- Assist registrar with audits of intents for graduation.
- Enters computer data and updates all student records associated with registration, verifies student enrollment status, processes grade reports and transcript requests.
- Schedule student appointments for advisors.
- Ensures data is collected from returning students to be placed on the DATATEL system.
- Assists with maintaining student records.
- Process student class registrations and eCollege requests. Responsible for maintaining accurate eCollege records.
- Assesses, collects and receipts student fees for cash, checks, and credit card payments.
Qualifications will include:
- Associate degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year like experience in education or business environment.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and confidential information in a complex setting.
- Must possess the ability to be accurate and maintain attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population, staff, and external constituents.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
Review of applications will begin June 29, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.