Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Scott Community College is seeking a Full Time Academic Advisor.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Students this position will be responsible for:
- Ability to understand and be able to explain all programs and majors offered by SCC and EICC.
- Assist a diverse student population with course selection, creation of academic plans, registration process and facilitating the transfer of students to four-year colleges/universities.
- Provide students with information regarding application, educational offerings, financial aid, assessment testing and course placement, selection of college courses, and related District policies and processes.
- Consult informational documents, web sites and institutional contacts to advise students on course transferability and support students’ transfer goals.
- Oversee and facilitate student services to high school students for concurrent course enrollment including the processes of application, assessment, registration and orientation.
- Inform students about alternatives, limitations and possible consequences of academic decision.
- Authorize course withdrawals.
- Responsible for tracking, proactive communications, and follow-up contact with assigned
students and appropriate faculty and peer advisors to enhance student success.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum three years student service experience required.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Experience with Student Information Systems is preferred..
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must possess the attitude, knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to create an effective learning environment.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.